Dual Credit Program

Union College Dual Credit Progam is open to home school and high school students who are junior or seniors and reside in the State of Kentucky.  This program provides the opportunity for high school and home school upper classmen to enroll and earn Union College and high school credit from their high school or home school program.


Students who enroll in Dual Credit Programs are:

  • More likely to enroll in full-time college after graduation
  • Better prepared for college level work and more likely to succeed
  • Can save thousands of dollar in tuition costs
  • Able to transfer the college credits obtained from Union College to other academic institutions.


Who can participate?

Juniors and Seniors - 2 to 3 courses per academic semester

What are the requirements?

  • GPA - 3.0
  • ACT score: Minimum 18 composite for admission to program.  To enroll in English 111- First-Year Composition I, a student must have a 18 in English and a 20 in Reading on the ACT (or equivalent on SAT). To enroll in Math 131 - College Algebra, a student must have a 22 in Math on the ACT (or equivalent on SAT)


How much does it cost?

$72 per credit hour (may vary slightly each academic year)

*Scholarship opportunites to assist with funding is availabe to eligible Kentucky students through the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).

How many credit hours can I earn?

6 to 9 hours per semester - 24 credit hours prior to high school graduation.

When can courses be taken?

Students can take courses during the Fall & Spring semesters


Where can courses be taken?

English 111 and Math 131 can be taken at the high school if the district has a signed agreement with the college and a credentialed instructor.  Any other 100 and 200 level full semester course can be taken as Dual Credit either online, on campus, or hybrid. 


When to apply

Fall courses:  Apply online by July 1st.  The June ACT will be accepted.

Spring courses:  Apply online by November 1st.  The October ACT will be accepted.

For information regarding late admission of newly enrolled students, please contact your school Guidance Counselor and it will be handled on a case by case basis.


Your high school Guidance Counselor can assist you in getting your college career at Union started.  For additional information, please visit your Guidance Counselor or contact Rachel Gaynor at rgaynor@unionky.edu.