All resident and international students must provide a certificate detailing immunization status.
Required for enrollment:
- A current tetanus shot (within 10 years)
- Two MMR (measles) injections
- PPD (tuberculosis) is required for any student who has been out of the United States for over 30 consecutive days.
- International students must have a PPD (Tuberculosis) within the last year
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 11am-1:30pm (Hours are subject to change)
- Treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Referrals to doctors and dentists as needed
- Labwork (urinalysis, hemoglobin, blood sugar, pregnancy, STD and HIV testing)
- Monitoring of medical conditions and health education resources.
A nominal fee is charged for some services and supplies which can be applied to your college account.
Knox County Hospital
1 Hospital Drive • Barbourville, KY 40906
Baptist Regional Medical Center
Cumberland Falls Road • Corbin, KY 40701
Barbourville Family Health Center
215 N. Allison Avenue • Barbourville, KY 40906
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm (606) 546-9287
**Staffed by five doctors and a nurse practitioner who offer special rates for Union students.
Knox Family Medicine
602 Knox Street • Barbourville, KY 40906
Hours: Monday through Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
Paul Pedersen, M.D.
James West, M.D.
546-6027, ext. 9
Anne Pedersen, Physical Therapist
546-6027, ext. 15