Chapter 31(Vocational Rehabilitation): How to apply

When applying for vocational rehabilitation benefits, contact the Louisville Regional Office to work directly with a local VA counselor. The application, VA form 22-1900, is available on the Veterans ON-line APPlication (VONAPP) website. You may choose to print VA Form 28-1900, Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation, from the Forms page, complete it, and mail it to the VA regional office that serves your area.

Once your vocational rehabilitation benefits have been approved, the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will send an authorization form to Union College so that you may receive benefits.

Once you are enrolled, the VA certifying official will certify your enrollment to your VA counselor.

You must inform the Union College’s Registrar’s Office if you increase or reduce your credit load and fall under a different payment rate category.

For more information from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) about Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, please visit the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service webpage or call the VA toll free at 1 (800) 827-1000.