Student Support Services provides participants with academic and support services in a caring environment that seeks to ensure their successful completion of a baccalaureate degree at Union College.
Student Support Services (SSS) is a comprehensive program designed to promote retention and academic success in college. These services are FREE to all participants and include tutoring, academic advising, counseling, mentoring, and workshops.
Some services that SSS offers include:
- Academic tutoring, including writing and study skills, and study spaces
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Informational workshops
- Computer lab
- Career center library
- Career planning, resumes, cover letters, job searches, internships and all other career necessities
- Graduate school preparation and assistance in applying for admission
- Grant aid
- Workshops and information on financial literacy
**Student Support Services is a federally funded TRIO program. The grant is made possible by the United States Department of Education. The SSS program at Union College serves students who are first-generation, low-income, disabled, or a combination of the three.