Union students live healthy lives.
Our campus provides limited health services for current students. The Health Center is staffed by registered nurses from the Knox County Health Department under the direction of the Office of Student Development.
The Health Center is located between Conway Boatman Chapel and Robsion Arena. The center is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00-1:30 pm. Appointments can be made by calling 546.1301, but are not necessary.
- Treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Referrals to doctors and dentists as needed
- Labwork (urinalysis, hemoglobin, blood sugar, pregnancy, STD and HIV testing)
- Monitoring of medical conditions and health education resources.
A nominal fee is charged for some services and supplies which can be applied to your college account. No student should postpone needed health care due to shortage of funds.
All resident and international students must provide a certificate detailing immunization status.
Required for enrollment:
- A current tetanus shot (within 10 years)
- Two MMR (measles) injections
- PPD (tuberculosis) is required for any student who has been out of the United States for over 30 consecutive days.
- International students must have a PPD (Tuberculosis) within the last year
Barbourville ARH Hospital
80 Hospital Drive • Barbourville, KY 40906
Baptist Regional Medical Center
Cumberland Falls Road • Corbin, KY 40701
Barbourville Family Health Center
215 N. Allison Avenue • Barbourville, KY 40906
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm (606) 546-9287
**Staffed by five doctors and a nurse practitioner who offer special rates for Union students.
Knox Family Medicine
602 Knox Street • Barbourville, KY 40906
Hours: Monday through Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
Paul Pedersen, M.D.
James West, M.D.
546-6027, ext. 9
Anne Pedersen, Physical Therapist
546-6027, ext. 15