Requirements to complete the admission process
For admission to coursework at the pre-candidacy level
Application for admission APPLY ONLINE
Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university, with a 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA, and either a major or minor degree earned in the field of psychology
Statement of goals and objectives
Personal Potential Index (provided by ETS)*
Acceptable GRE scores on file
Signed GRST form
Signed planned program
Resume of work experience
Interview with Psychology Faculty*
* The Personal Potential Index, or PPI, is a web-based, standard form that recommenders fill out to provide a qualitative and quantitative picture of applicants.The PPI is available free for GRE test-takers.
* Faculty interviews will be scheduled in Mid-April, when the student’s application file is complete. Admission decisions will be announced by June 1st with the student beginning the graduate program in the fall semester.
* The standard number of transfer hours accepted by the psychology program is 9. Upon admission to candidacy, students may petition for up to 6 additional hours to be transferred, if those hours are directly comparable to his/her planned program.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Certificate
The Chemical Dependency Certificate Program is designed to train people in the skills necessary for assisting chemically dependent persons to alleviate that dependency. The program includes courses designed to provide students with a knowledge of the field through focusing on the development of counseling skills specific to the needs of chemically dependent clientele as identified by appropriate agencies.
This certificate program has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Certification of Drug and Alcohol Counselors (March, 2007). Completion of the Chemical Dependency Counselor Certificate does not guarantee certification by the Kentucky Board, but provides the requisite academic background to sit for the CADC examination.
Requirements to complete the admission process:
- Complete the Graduation application
- Pay the $25 Application Fee
- Submit Official Undergraduate transcripts (& Graduate transcripts if you have transfer credit to be considered.
- Submit a signed planned program