Important Information for Tennessee Students
- Union College is authorized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility.
- Specific information pertaining to transferability of credit earned to another institution, with language sufficient to describe limitations on transfer of credit. Institutions have a responsibility to advise potential enrollees that transfer of credit is controlled by the receiving institution and that accreditation does not guarantee transferability.
- Union College is a special purpose institution. That purpose is to serve the academic needs of a diverse community in a dynamic, personal environment that promotes intellectual, spiritual, and physical enrichment of faculty, staff, and students and the economic growth and health of our Appalachian community. This purpose does not include preparing students for further college study. Students should be aware that transfer of credit is always the responsibility of the receiving institution. Whether or not credits transfer is solely up to the receiving institution. Any student interested in transferring credit hours should check with the receiving institution directly to determine to what extent, if any, credit hours can be transferred.
- The total cost of tuition for each approved Ed.S. and MA in Educational Leadership is as follows:
$400.00 per credit hr
$25.00 telecommunications fee (Fall and Spring terms)
$105.00 Chalk and Wire Portfolio Fee
- Transferability of Disclosure Statement:
Credits earned at Union College may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Union College. You should obtain confirmation that Union College will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Union College to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Union College prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement. The ability to transfer credits from Union College to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Union College if you enroll in another educational institution. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Union College and of any other educational institutions you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Union College before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. Tennessee Code Ann. § 49-7-144 (2)
- Union College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. In order to view detailed job placement and completion information on the programs offered by Union College, please visit the website of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to view a list of the Authorized Postsecondary Institutions.